Friday, March 25, 2011

Former Stonehill Student Faces Threats To Kill Charges

BOSTON--A Connecticut man and former student at Stonehill College has been charged in federal court with threatening to kill two Stonehill College staff members and blowing up the collge in Easton.
Sterlynn Robbins, 23, of North Branford, Conn., was arrested Thursday, March 24 and charged in a criminal complaint with the transmission of a threat to injure the person of another,according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston.
The complaint alleges that on March 17 and 18, 2011, Robbins, a former student at
Stonehill College, sent a series of text messages to a current student at Stonehill College and threatened to blow up the college and kill two staff members.
According to an affidavit submitted in federal court, Robbins allegedly sent an expletive-filled text message to a female student telling her to be there the day he blows it up and kills people on the campus.
Officials say Robbins sent a current student 12 text messages between about 11:45 p.m. March 17 and 12:15 a.m. March 18 threatening to blow up the campus and kill two employees because of disciplinary hearings against him, first in March, 2007 and again in spring, 2009.
Following the first incident, court documents state Robbins was required to take anger management training and was placed on deferred separation from residency.
According to court documents, the hearings stemmed from two different assaults on students at the campus.
Two Stonehill employees oversaw the hearings that resulted in Robbins' separation from the college in 2009.
In the text messages, Robbins threatens to kill the two Stonehill staff members, stating in one of the text messages, "I'm gonna kill them both, I swear," and in another states, "I don't f*****g care. I was already arrested once. I don't even care if they try to kill me in my attempt. At least my pathetic life will be over."
In another, "It's not hard to get on campus and do what I need to."
The female student notified school officials of the text messages around 1 p.m. March 18. Police were then contacted.
If convicted, Robbins faces up to five years in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine.
The case was investigated by the Easton Police, Stonehill Police and agents from the FBI assigned to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
According to the press statement, Robbins is being held in Connecticut and is due in U.S. District Court in Boston March 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment